Alexander Graham Bell (March 3, 1847 – August 2, 1922), the inventor of the telephone, was a distinguished scientist and innovator.
Bell also co-founded the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) in 1885 and held 18 patents in his name alone and shared another 12 with collaborators
Here are 13 quotes attributed to him that will inspire you in life.
1. “Before anything else preparation is the key to success.”
2. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to focus.”
3. “You cannot force ideas. Successful ideas are the result of slow growth. Ideas do not reach perfection in a day, no matter how much study is put upon them.”
4. “Night is a more quiet time to work. It aids thought.”
5.“What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.”
6. “The only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action.”
7. “The most successful men in the end are those whose success is the result of steady accretion.”
8. “It is the man who carefully advances step by step…who is bound to succeed in the greatest degree.”
9. “The achievement of one goal should be the starting point of another.”
10. “We are all too much inclined, I think, to walk through life with our eyes shut. There are things all around us and right at our very feet that we have never seen because we have never really looked.”
11. “Leave the beaten track behind occasionally and dive into the woods. Every time you do you will be certain to find something you have never seen before.”
12. “The inventor looks upon the world and is not contented with things as they are. He wants to improve whatever he sees, he wants to benefit the world; he is haunted by an idea.”
13. “The day will come when the man at the telephone will be able to see the distant person to whom he is speaking.