Hollywood star Scarlett Johansson rose to international fame in the early 2000s with roles in movies like Ghost World and Lost in Translation, and is best known for her role as Black Widow in the MCU, having been credited in eleven Marvel films. Here are 15 of the best Scarlett Johansson quotes.
1. “When we live our lives everyday, we’re met with opportunities and we don’t even recognize them.”
2. “I have always… expected a lot from myself.”
3. “Just because I’m the top-grossing actress of all time does not mean I’m the highest paid. I’ve had to fight for everything that I have. It’s such a fickle and political industry.”
4. “I’m just a big believer in ‘you must love yourself before you can love anybody else,’ and I think for me that breeds the most inspired relationships.
5. “I went through this realization that acting, at its heart, is the ability to manipulate your own emotions.”
6. “You have to believe that you can act and that you’re the right person for the job but I think it’s good to not always know how you’re going to do it. The fun part is trying to figure it out.”
7. “I used to have nothing. And then I got this. This job. This family. And I was better because of it.”
8. “It’s important not to lose who you are in a relationship just because it’s nice to cuddle with somebody.”
9. “One of the best things for a woman to hear is that she is sexy.”
10. “It’s nice to have a crush on someone. It feels like you’re alive, you know?”
11. “I always feel like I have to prove myself as an actor, otherwise you get lazy if you’re not slightly terrified that you’re going to fail all the time.”
12. “It’s important for people to figure out their own lives before involving someone else – to gauge where you are and work on your own issues.”
13. “Different things work for different people. One thing I’ve realised, though, is that the work that I’ve done on myself outside of my work as an actress has really allowed me to open up my mind. I think I understand my emotional state and my complexities now in a much clearer way, and I can put them to rest in a way that there’s almost a catharsis that happens through the work, where I can do it and then find myself again.”
14. “I think you have to protect your private life as much as you possibly can, and, at the same time, find ways to redirect that focus and turn the glare into a positive thing. I don’t know how you do it. I don’t know how anybody’s ever done it.”
15. “I’ve always been very competitive, and a part of that is pushing your boundaries – taking a risk and being able to live with the loss that comes with taking a risk.”