No doubt you’ve heard the phrase ‘variety is the spice of life.’
Variety is shown to benefit us in so many ways – from allowing ourselves to experience a broad range of emotions, to eating a variety of foods to going different places, having different conversations and experiencing different things.
Interestingly as well as doing different things, A number of studies show that cultivating a diversity of emotions within – both along the positive and negative spectrum-also make us happier and healthier.
These 13 variety quotes should help you remember that variety is the spice of life! And that you need to get outside, see/do/hear/feel new things and have new experiences. Otherwise, life becomes a little bland.
1. “Sameness is the mother of disgust, variety the cure.”—Petrarch
2. “The secret of happiness is variety, but the secret of variety, like the secret of all spices, is knowing when to use it.”—Daniel Gilbert
3. “Variety’s the very spice of life, That gives it all its flavor.”—William Cowper
4. “The essence of the beautiful is unity in variety.”—Felix Mendelssohn
5. “We journalists make it a point to know very little about an extremely wide variety of topics; this is how we stay objective.”—Dave Barry
6. “Variety is the soul of pleasure.”—Aphra Behn
7. “Good art is art that allows you to enter it from a variety of angles and to emerge with a variety of views.”—Mary Schmich
8. “The best way to keep good acts in memory is to refresh them with new.”—Cato
9. “No pleasure endures unseasoned by variety.”—Publilius Syrus
10. “We need a variety of input and influence and voices. You cannot get all the answers to life and business from one person or from one source.”—Jim Rohn
11. “Variety is the condition of harmony.”—Thomas Carlyle
12. “It is good to vary in order that you may frustrate the curious, especially those who envy you.”—Baltasar Garden
13. “Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.”—Paulo Coelho