Ryan Reynolds is no doubt a funny guy but beyond that, he’s also proven to be quite driven. Appearing in several movies and franchises and cinematic universes and amassing a net worth of $150 million, he’s no doubt made a name for himself. Here are some of his best quotes to inspire you.
1. I don’t expect success. I prepare for it.
2. I have a discipline that has served me very well in my career and in my personal life… and that’s gotten stronger as I’ve gotten older. I’ve always felt if I don’t just have a natural knack for it, I will just out-discipline the competition if I have to — work harder than anybody else.
3. I was a really nervous kid. I was extremely sensitive. Incredibly perceptive.
4. I’ll look for the joke in things so that I don’t look for the sadness and the grief.
5. Laughing can serve you in dark moments and even help you crawl your way back out.
6. Acting has given me a way to channel my angst. I feel like an overweight, pimply faced kid a lot of the time – and finding a way to access that insecurity, and put it toward something creative is incredibly rewarding. I feel very lucky.
7. When you have expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
8. We might be too proud to admit it as guys, but we still need to learn how to manage responsibility, how to face our challenges
9. I learned discipline from my father. Not in terms of corporal punishment, but being determined in whatever you do, and sticking with it.
10. I’d walk through fire for my daughter. Well not FIRE, because it’s dangerous. But a super humid room. But not too humid, because my hair.
11. Any kind of crisis can be good. It wakes you up
12. I never took acting classes, but I knew I could do it based on the skill with which I lied to my parents on a regular basis.
13. I used to say to [Blake], ‘I would take a bullet for you. I could never love anything as much as I love you.’ And the second I looked in that baby’s eyes, I knew in that exact moment that if we were ever under attack, I would use my wife as a human shield to protect that baby
14. People have their complexities. They have their heroic moments and their villainous moments.
15. I believe in energy like dark energies. I believe that when a family moves into a house where six murders took place, there’s going to be some bad juju in that house. But then again what the hell is wrong with you to be moving in that house to begin with?
16. I think we can all use a little more patience. I get a little impatient sometimes and I wish I didn’t. I really need to be more patient.
17. “Religion poisons everything good in this world.”