It’s a crazy world we live in. Between the day-to-day stress, social anxieties, and the overwhelming feeling that comes from being bombarded with world news all the time, it’s no wonder that things can get a little tough.
We need to maintain a positive mental health irrespective of what comes our way, this is the only way we can realize our full potential, work productively, make a meaningful contribution to our community, or handle the stress that comes with life.
Besides seeking professional help if you need it, you should make time to connect with others, think positively about yourself and get physically active.
Here are 23 inspiring quotes about mental health.
1. “It’s up to you today to start making healthy choices. Not choices that are just healthy for your body, but healthy for your mind.”― Steve Maraboli
2. “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.” – Joubert Botha
3. “This feeling will pass. The fear is real but the danger is not.”― Cammie McGovern
4. “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.”— Charles Bukowski
5. “Everybody knows there is no such thing as normal. There is no black-and-white definition of normal. Normal is subjective. There’s only a messy, inconsistent, silly, hopeful version of how we feel most at home in our lives.” ― Tori Spelling
6. “Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.” – Noam Spencer
7. “There isn’t anybody out there who doesn’t have a mental health issue, whether it’s depression, anxiety, or how to cope with relationships. Having OCD is not an embarrassment anymore – for me. Just know that there is help and your life could be better if you go out and seek the help.” – Howie Mandel
8. “I’m struggling just to get through the days. I think a lot of people are.” — Justin Bieber
9. “About a third of my cases are suffering from no clinically definable neurosis, but from the senselessness and emptiness of their lives. This can be defined as the general neurosis of our times.” – C.G. Jung
10. “And every person can benefit from talking to somebody. I’m the most anti-medication person, but some people need medicine, and there was a time where I needed some too.” — Miley Cyrus
11. “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.” – Emery Lord
12. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness.” – Louise Hart
14. “I didn’t talk to anyone about [postpartum depression]. I was very reluctant.. Four of my friends felt the same way I did, and everyone was too embarrassed to talk about it.” — Adele
15. “It was too heavy a burden to carry and I simply couldn’t do that anymore. I sought and received treatment, I put positive people around me and I got back to doing what I love – writing songs and making music.” – Mariah Carey
16. ” Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”. — Carl Jung
17. “The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.”― Juliette Lewis
18. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.”― John Green
19. “We can’t be more sensitive to pleasure, without being more sensitive to pain” — Alan Watts
20. ” They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me.” ― Nathaniel Lee
21. ” There is no standard normal. Normal is subjective. There are seven billion versions of normal on this planet.” ― Matt Haig
22. “Sanity remains defined simply by the ability to cope with insane conditions.”. — Ana Castillo
23. “I have never been remotely ashamed of having been depressed. Never. What’s there to be ashamed of? I went through a really tough time and I am quite proud that I got out of that.” —J. K. Rowling