Manifest premiered in 2018 on NBC but was surprisingly canceled by the network after 3 seasons. After passionate fans called for a fourth season, launching the #SaveManifest campaign, Netflix eventually swooped in to help save Manifest season 4.
While you wait for season 4 to land on the streaming platform, here are 7 interesting facts about some of the cast of the show.
1. Melissa Roxburgh’s father is a Minister and her mother played Tennis professionally.
2. Melissa Roxburgh’s first acting gig was in the 2011 movie Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, wherein she played a character named Rachel.
3. During a game of ‘never have I ever’ with exTRA, Roxburgh revealed she was once fired from a role because she couldn’t master a Russian accent.
4. Josh Dallas was briefly in Marvel. He starred in Thor as Fandral, one of Thor’s (Chris Hemsworth) closest friends and one of the Warriors Three. He was supposed to return for Thor: The Dark World. However, that wasn’t possible. By the time production was going to start, he was already set to shoot scenes for the ABC drama Once Upon a Time.
5. According to JustJared, J.R Ramirez worked as a waiter/bartender at almost every restaurant L.A. has to offer. “Every time I’d apply to a new restaurant, I’d book an acting gig or national commercial so I almost never made it past training.” he said.
6. Prior to acting, Athena Karkanis got a degree in Political Science. Towards her graduation, she had plans of attending Law school but later gave it up to venture into acting fully.
7. Luna Blaise who plays Olive Stone is also a musician. At 14, she went into the studio and wrote her first song and also released a music video in 2018. When asked by Vogue if she got into music or acting first, she said: “I actually got into acting first. I’ve been acting since I was a little baby. I started acting in television and movies when I was eight. Music was never a part of my plan. I auditioned for High School Musical 4 and I apparently did a really good job and my agents were like how about we get you in the studio and have you sing a cover so when they ask if you can sing we can say this. It was my first time in the studio and I had no idea what was going on.”