It’s never an easy thing being patient, waiting for a particular turnout or event, but just as the old adage goes: Patience is a virtue. Patience, indeed is a virtue.
Being able to persevere and tolerate delay, will help you maintain a more positive outlook on life when you’re faced with an uncertain future or a negative event. Instead of opting for quick-fix solutions, which you might regret later, patience will help you make better decisions.
Let these 13 quotes give you the wisdom to endure every situation you encounter with patience and positivity.
1. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.”—Leo Tolstoy
2. “Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered, you will find life is easier.” —Catherine Pulsifer
3. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” —Arnold H. Glasow
4. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”—John Quincy Adams
5. “It is very strange…that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.” —Elizabeth Taylor
6. “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.”—Molière
7. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”—Jean-Jacques Rousseau
8. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.”—Samuel Johnson
9. “I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature.” —Paulo Coelho
10. “My dad said to me, ‘Work hard and be patient.’ It was the best advice he ever gave me. You have to put the hours in.” —Simon Cowell
11. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” —Napoleon Hill
12. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” —Benjamin Franklin
13. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” – George Bernard Shaw