1. She was born Margot Elise Robbie on 2nd July 1990 in Dalby, Queensland, Australia.
2. When she was eight, Robbie was enlisted in a trapeze program by her mother at a circus school.
3. Margot Robbie grew up on a farm, where she and her siblings were raised by their single mother; she has minimal contact with her father. To make ends meet, Robbie worked three jobs simultaneously at the age of 16: she tended bar, cleaned houses, and worked at Subway.
4. She has made lots of sacrifices to become a successful actor, for instance, when she moved to America, she left her family behind and broke up with her then boyfriend, although that must have been a very tough blow.
5. To prepare for her sex scene with Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf Of Wall Street, she took three shots of tequila, at 9 in the morning.
6. Margot was extremely nervous during her audition for her part in Wolf of Wall Street. Margot and Leo were acting out the scene where the couple have a fight and she walked over to him and slapped him straight across the face. She said “I’m thinking, you just hit Leonardo DiCaprio in the face. They’re going to arrest you because that’s assault. You’re definitely never going to work again, that’s for sure. They’ll probably sue you as well in case there’s a bruise on his face and he needs to film something else.” And then all of a sudden Marty and Leo just burst out laughing. Marty says, “That was great!” Leo’s like, “Hit me again!”
7. Her excellent performance in The Wolf of Wall Street resulted in her appointment to host the 42nd season premiere of Saturday Night Live together with the artist The Weeknd. Also, she bagged a nomination for the MTV Movie Awards for Best Breakthrough Performance and later won the Empire Award for Best Newcomer.
8. After her jaw-dropping appearance in The Wolf of Wall Street, Hugh Hefner requested for Margot Robbie to do Playboy for a substantial amount of money. However, Robbie declined the offer stating that she only gets it all out for artistic purposes and does not feel the need to reveal her body on the cover of such magazines.
9. In addition to being an A-list actress, Robbie also runs her own Hollywood production company with her husband, Tom Ackerley. Titled LuckyChap Entertainment, it has produced TV shows such as NBC’s Shattered Glass and Hulu’s Dollface. The company is also working on Robbie’s upcoming film, Birds of Prey.
10. She has competed against several well-known actors for huge roles. She beat Emma Stone and Jessica Chastain for the role of Tarzan, as well as Amber Heard, Teresa palmer, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Blake Lively for her role in the Wolf of Wall Street in 2013.
11. Although she auditioned for the film Fantastic Four (2015), she did not land the role. Instead, Kate Mara had the honor of playing the role of Sue Storm.
12. In a 2018 interview with British Vogue, she shared how, in the past, her family was never quite onboard with the whole acting thing and wanted her to quit. “My family has no connection to the entertainment industry whatsoever,” she said. “So when I started acting, everyone was like, ‘That’s fun, but when are you going to actually get a real job?’” Thankfully, she stucked with it!
13. Margot Robbie was among the top 10 highest paid actresses in 2019, according to Forbes. Her pre-tax earnings were a whopping $23.5 million, landing her at No. 8 — the first time she’s made the magazine’s annual money list.
14. She loves beer and french fries. The actress admits to having a pretty poor diet, admitting: “I love beer, fries, burgers, but if I have to get in a bikini then I eat carrot sticks for three days. I’m one extreme or the other.”
15. Margot Robbie was ranked #22 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” of 2014 list. Margot made the list again in 2016, this time being ranked at #3.