We’ve all heard the saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. The reason is judging others based entirely on looks, or our pre-existing beliefs about how others’ personalities work, without getting to know them better might give us a totally wrong impression of who they really are.
While it’s advised to become less judgemental towards others. We may still find ourselves judging others at times. It might be over small things or over bigger issues. Some people also make the worst mistake of all: judging others based entirely on their appearance or perception.
Here are 13 inspiring “don’t judge a book by It’s cover quotes” about judging people.
1. “Never judge someone by the way he looks or a book by the way it’s covered; for inside those tattered pages, there’s a lot to be discovered.” —Steve Cosgroves
2. “A potato may look like a dirty stone, but cutting it and frying it will get you French Fries, a side dish for any burger.” —Andrew Zimmern
3. “We need to judge less and understand more.” —Mitta Xinindlu
4. “When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Earl Nightingale
5. “Mama used to say, you have to know someone a thousand days before you can glimpse her soul.” —Shannon Hale
6. “Never judge a book by the cover, you may miss out on what could be your favorite book —Sharon Watkins
7. “If you judge me negatively, as you would a book by it’s cover, you’d be surprised by what you see written on the pages inside” —Rick Ferreira
8. “The goddess of sex that most men had fantasized about since their teenage years wasn’t to be found in some red-light district of town or in an illicit magazine but was actually standing right next to them at work, at the library, at the coffee shop. And they were too blind to see it!” —Ray Smith
9. “You can’t judge a book by its cover, though. People think I’m bad because I got tattoos or snort a little cocaine here and there. They think I’m a killer. But what if I wasn’t a killer? Then what? Don’t be tripping on me. I pay my damn taxes, OK? Chill.” —Gunplay
10. “Haven’t you learned you should never judge a book by its cover? There is a lot of assumptions you’ve made based on appearance.” — S.J.D. Peterson
11. “Never judge a book by its cover like never judge or underestimate a person on the outside.” –
12. “As I’ve been telling your, son, you get nowhere looking at clothes and the color of the skin to judge a man. It won’t tell you nothing about what’s inside. That’s where a fellow’s mettle is, and that’s what counts.” —Richard Puz
“Judge tenderly, if you must. There is usually a side you have not heard, a story you know nothing about, and a battle waged that you are not having to fight.” – Traci Lea Laruss